What is µTorrent
µTorrent (different than our app, µTorrent Connect) is a desktop BitTorrent client that is available in both free and premium version.
µTorrent Connect (our app) provides you with access to a µTorrent instance that you have running on another PC. This instance may be running on your local network,
or accessed from a remote site with proper network/firewall configuration.
Where do I get µTorrent
µTorrent can be downloaded from www.utorrent.com
How do I configure µTorrent to allow access by µTorrent Connect
To access µTorrent with µTorrent Connect, configure µTorrent Connect as follows:
- Download µTorrent from utorrent.com and install.
- From the Options Menu, choose Preferences (or prss CTRL+P from the main window).
- In the left-hand tree view, expand the Advanced node, then click Web UI.
- Ensure that the Enable Web UI checkbox is checked.
- Under Authentication, enter the Username* and Password* that you'd like to use.
- Other options, such as guest account, alternative listening port*, and download directories are optional and can be left alone.
- Click OK to accept your changes.
* Denotes value needed when setting up µTorrent Connect.
How do I configure µTorrent Connect
After following the steps above to setup the µTorrent Web UI:
- Click the [add server] button on the µTorrent Connect main page.
- Enter a Display Name for your serer. This can be any name you choose to identify this instance with.
- Enter the µTorrent Server IP or hostname. This is the network address of the machine hosting µTorrent (hint: bing ipconfig)
- Enter the Port, as configured in µTorrent Preferences. If not using an alternative port, this will be the default of 80.
- Enter the Username, as configured in µTorrent Preferences.
- Enter the Password, as configured in µTorrent Preferences.
- Click Save.
What if µTorrent and µTorrent Connect are on the same PC?
By default, Windows 8 does not allow apps to perform a loopback connection to the same machine.
This is a restriction imposed by the operating system, but can be disabled manually on an app-by-app basis.
To disable for µTorrent Connect, run the following form a command prompt as administrator:
CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n=motilebytesllc.torrentbuddy_5k6qvgez2wqmg